Fairfax County’s Poe Middle School evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

Poe Middle School in Fairfax County, Virginia, was evacuated Wednesday morning due to elevated carbon monoxide levels.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue services responded to Poe Middle School in Annandale around 8:20 a.m. for a reported carbon monoxide leak, the department tweeted.

A few students were inside the school when the leak occurred and were assisted out of the building. No injuries were reported.

The school system said the children had returned to in-person learning Tuesday.

Crews remained on scene Wednesday morning to identify the source of the leak.

This is a developing story. Stay with WTOP.com for the latest.

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2021 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up