WASHINGTON — Six students from Woodrow Wilson High School in Northwest D.C. were taken to the hospital Friday afternoon after becoming sick at school.
A D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman said the students were showing signs of a possible overdose or poisoning, but it’s not clear what they were exposed to.
All of the students transported were conscious at the time.
In a letter sent home to parents explaining what happened, school principal Kimberly Martin said, “This afternoon, several of our students became ill at school. Following proper protocols, we immediately contacted Emergency Medical Services, and the students were referred to the appropriate medical officials.”
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.