WASHINGTON — The Army Ten-Miler will bring some 35,000 runners to Arlington and D.C. Sunday.
Drivers and commuters coming into D.C. will encounter road closures and delays. Below is a list of what roads are closed and what Metro lines will be affected.
For drivers, note that all lanes of Route 110/Jefferson Davis Highway will be closed beginning at 5:30 a.m. and lasting until around 2 p.m.
Rolling closures and openings will begin at 7:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. for D.C. and Virginia roads.
Affected roads in Arlington County:
- Route 110 between Rosslyn and Crystal City be closed in both directions starting at 5 a.m. until 2 p.m. Use George Washington Memorial Parkway as an alternative.
- Eads Street from Army Navy Drive into the Pentagon/northbound I-395 HOV will be closed at 5 a.m.
- I-395 southbound HOV exit to South Eads Street/Pentagon south parking lot will be closed at 5 a.m.
- I-395 HOV northbound from Crystal city to the 14th Street Bridge will be closed at 6 a.m.
- Route 27 in both directions from George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-395 will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive from South Eads Street to South 12th Street from 8 a.m. to noon
- 12th Street from South Eads Street to Long Bridge Drive from 8 a.m. to noon
- Long Bridge Drive will be closed from South 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive from 8 a.m. to noon.
Arlington County police said all roads should be open by 12:30 p.m. except for Route 110, which will be closed until 2 p.m.
In D.C. the following streets will have rolling closures from 6 a.m. to noon, according to D.C. police:
- Rock Creek Parkway between Virginia Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW
- Virginia Avenue NW between Rock Creek Parkway and Constitution Avenue NW
- Independence Avenue SW between 23 Street NW and 7th Street SW
- 14th Street Bridge HOV lanes between Arlington, Virginia and Independence Avenue SW
- 7th Street SW between Independence Avenue SW and C Street SW
- 9th Street SW between Independence Avenue SW and C Street SW
Metro will open at its regular time on Sunday at 7 a.m. However, because of Metro track work, riders using the system should allow for extra time, and runners in earlier wave starts should plan for alternate transportation. The Vienna and Dunn Loring station will be closed.
For spectators, the race organizer suggests going to the east side of Memorial Bridge, The Kennedy Center, the Pentagon, 14th Street and Independence Avenue and around mile 9 at Army Navy Drive.