With Christmas just over a week away, the clock is ticking to make sure your gifts are delivered in time.
The last days to ship packages for arrival by Christmas:
- USPS Retail Ground and First Class Mail — Dec. 17
- USPS Priority Mail — Dec. 19
- UPS 3 Day Select — Dec. 20
- UPS 2nd Day Air Services and FedEx Express 2 Day Delivery — Dec. 21
- UPS Next Day Air Services and Fed Ex Express Overnight/Priority Overnight — Dec. 22
- USPS Priority Mail Express Service and FedEx SameDay City — Dec. 23
At the FedEx shipping center in Northeast D.C., where around 20,000 packages were being processed on Friday, operations manager Chanel Smith told WTOP that they are fully staffed and delivery performance is at pre-pandemic levels.
“There are no issues,” Smith said. “We are getting them out and getting them to people’s hands and homes.”
ShipMatrix, a software provider that works with parcel companies, found that delivery performance was over 95% this holiday season for all the major US carriers.
Smith advised customers to carefully pack fragile gifts before sending, and if you need assistance, a FedEx agent can help securely pack your gift at one of their locations.