WASHINGTON — There are only three more days until Christmas, and if you’ve waited until the last minute to get your holiday shopping done, you’re in luck. Many retailers are slashing prices this week, and consumers are scoring some blockbuster deals.
More consumers say they are buying cheaper gifts — under $10 — this year, but the National Retail Federation says overall holiday spending is predicted to be up compared to last year.
A Reuters poll found that about 17 percent of American consumers waited until the last week before Christmas to start their shopping, hoping for better deals in the last days.
Here are some of the best:
- Sears furniture sale: Recliners up to 60 percent off (through January).
- Toys R Us Star Wars sale: action figures, Hot Wheels sets, LEGO, electronics up to 25 percent off.
- Rosetta Stone sets are 60 percent off.
- Xbox Store’s biggest sale ever “Countdown” starts Tuesday, Dec. 22 through Jan. 7.
- Walmart Last-Minute Gifts sales: Samsung Curved 4K Ultra HD television.
More advice from ABC News:
ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos