WASHINGTON — Fortune Magazine and the research and consulting firm Great Place to Work have released their 2017 list of the “Best Workplaces for Women,” and six companies based in the D.C. area make the list.
Two local companies made the Top 10.
Bethesda-based Marriott International ranked No. 4 on this year’s list. Vienna-based Navy Federal Credit Union ranked No. 8.
The list is based on surveys of more than 400,000 working women on more than 50 areas including respect, fairness, management and camaraderie. The study also analyzed demographic patterns to ensure companies created great workplaces for all women, regardless of who they are or what jobs they do.
“Fair hiring, pay and benefits are just the table stakes for retaining talented people in 2017. The best workplaces for women stand above competitors by creating trustworthy organizations that eliminate gaps in employees’ day-to-day experience. You can see the results in healthy, dedicated teams where all co-workers thrive,” said Michael Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work.
Area companies on this year’s Best Workplaces for Women include:
- No. 4 Marriott International, Bethesda, Maryland (hospitality)
- No. 8 Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, Virginia (financial services)
- No. 15 Hilton Worldwide, McLean, Virginia (hospitality)
- No. 26 Child Trends, Bethesda, Maryland (professional services)
- No. 48 Capital One Financial, McLean, Virginia (financial services)
- No. 68 Mars Inc., McLean, Virginia (confectionary and pet care)
You can see this year’s full list of 100 workplaces on the Great Places to Work website.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.