WASHINGTON — You have an excuse to chow down on chocolate Monday:July 7 marks Chocolate Day.
It’s celebrated on the day because it is said that the sweet treat was introduced in Europe on July 7, 1550, according to Wired.
So to help feed your cocoa cravings, WTOP turned to Yelp’s rating to get the best chocolate stores in the D.C. area.
Below are the top 10 in the area, according to Yelp’s rankings as of Monday morning.
- Artisan Confections — 2910 District Ave. in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The Sugar Cube — 1218 King St. in Alexandria, Virginia
- Chocolate Moose — 1743 L St. NW in D.C.
- Co Co Sala — 929 F St. NW in D.C.
- Artfully Chocolate — 2003A Mt. Vernon Ave. in Alexandria, Virginia
- Chocolate Chocolate — 1130 Connecticut Ave. NW in D.C.
- Neuhaus Chocolatier — 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE in D.C.
- Fleurir Hand Grown Chocolates — 3234 P St. NW in D.C.
- Artisan Confections — 1025 N. Filmore St. in Arlington, Virginia
- Cocova — 1904 18th St. NW in D.C.
Follow @WTOP and @WTOPliving on Twitter and WTOP on Facebook.