1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, from Monday, April 15, 2013 through Sunday April 21, go to the www.wtop.com website, and click on the contest page of wtop.com (search “cupcake” or “contests” in search box) or on the Living page of wtop.com and click on the cupcake contest and complete the entry form, which includes a photo and description of your cupcake entry. WTOP is not responsible for problems accessing the website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Any person submitting more than one entry or an entry without a photo and description attached may be disqualified.
2. HOW TO PLAY/HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN: Enter as explained in Paragraph 1 above. From all eligible entries submitted, a panel of judges comprised of staff members from WTOP, in their sole discretion, will determine three finalists based on the following judging criteria: creativity of cupcake (50%), and presentation of cupcake in photo (50%). The judging will be done the week of April 22. The entrants must also be available to come to the WTOP studios with six of the cupcake entries at 7:45 Tuesday morning April 30 to participate in the final judging. Any entrant that cannot come to the final round, or send a representative with their cupcakes on April 30 will not be eligible to be a finalist. The finalists’ cupcakes will then be judged by a panel consisting of two representatives from Georgetown Cupcake, and one representative from WTOP on the morning of Tuesday April 30 at 7:45 a.m. at the WTOP Studios. Any finalist who is late or doesn’t show up will be disqualified from the competition. The judges, at their sole discretion will determine a first, second and third place winner among the finalists based on the following criteria: Taste (50%), Presentation (30%) and creativity (20%). The finalist with the highest overall score using the judging criteria will be deemed the contest first place winner. The second highest score will be second place and the lowest score will be third place. In the event of a tie, the contestant with the highest score in the uniqueness of their original entry will be deemed the winner from among all tying contestants.
a. First Place Winner: One (1) prize will be awarded. The winner will receive a $75 gift card to Georgetown Cupcake and will also receive exposure on wtop.com. b. Second and Third Place Winners: Two (2) prizes will be awarded. Second place will win a $50 gift card from Georgetown Cupcake, and third place will receive a $25 gift card courtesy of Georgetown Cupcake. A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. Each winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: The winners will receive their prizes at the final round at WTOP Studios Tuesday April 30. If the entrant has sent a representative in his or her place, the prize will be sent to the winner via Federal Express within one week.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and residents of Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland or West Virginia in order to participate in this contest. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this contest, you cannot have won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTOP within 365 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, WTOP, Georgetown Cupcake, or other radio stations in WTOP’s DMA, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this contest or claiming a prize in this contest in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this contest and from participating in WTOP contests for a period of one year.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner may be asked execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release Hubbard Radio, LLC, Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WTOP, Georgetown Cupcake (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the contest or in prize-related activities, including any travel related thereto, and (b) consents to the use by WTOP for promotional purposes, of his or her likeness, voice (and/or address (city/state) and his or her contest entry (which may be posted on the WTOP website) without any additional compensation. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
7. WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before May 15 to WTOP Cupcake Contest, 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20016
Decisions of WTOP concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTOP reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. WTOP is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. WTOP reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice.