Editor’s Note: Help Wanted Highlight is an occasional, sponsored feature that highlights job openings at local companies.
Matrix Group needs your help!
We have dozens and dozens of Sitefinity and WordPress sites. Since we host, manage and enhance our clients’ websites on a regular basis, we now have need for a Staff Developer who can take ownership of the CMS upgrades: perform them, develop best practices and guide our new implementations so that they are more easily upgraded in the future.
- Stay up to date with the latest news and trends with Sitefinity and WordPress. You’ll subscribe to news feeds and security bulletins, you’ll read all the release notes and you’ll be the expert on new versions.
- Be part of the team that evaluates new versions and creates an upgrade plan for each client site.
- Perform upgrades on client development sites and then figure out what breaks and what needs tweaking.
- Be an active participant in the web communities for Sitefinity and WordPress.
- Be a star troubleshooter because sometimes, s**t just breaks during upgrades and someone has to be the hero and fix things.
- Brief Project Managers and Directors on what’s new, what’s hot, and what’s now possible.
- Work with the Director of Software Engineering to continually define best practices for implementing CMS systems.
This is the perfect position for someone who likes to work on a lot of different sites, likes to be the expert on a couple of platforms, and is a great troubleshooter. You’ll need to work fast and your work needs to be good.
You will be successful in this position if:
- You have previously worked at an interactive agency and think it’s the best because of the pace and the diversity of projects and technologies
- You are up to speed with C#, MVC and visual studio
- You are comfortable playing with other web technologies
- You don’t mind taking an occasional Nerf dart to the skull
- You believe that code should be elegant and clean, and that coding is a creative act
Matrix Group is a leading interactive agency in the DC area. We make great websites for associations, professional societies and non-profits, and the occasional for profit company. Here are sample sites that recently won awards or just got redesigned:
You can learn more about us by visiting:
To apply, please fill out our online form.