WASHINGTON – Nine people have been taken to the hospital after experiencing the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning in their apartment on Blake Lane in Oakton.
Four of the people were adults. Five were children.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue tells WTOP firefighters responded to the home on Blake Lane after the group complained of headaches.
They were taken to the hospital, just to be safe, but should all be okay. The cause was a malfunctioning stove.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
A look at the winter weather news in the D.C. area.
For a trip to the North Pole, there’s no finer way to travel. Railroads around the country offer seasonal trips to see Santa between Thanksgiving and Christmas.