WASHINGTON - Christmas is all about the traditions.
Do you open a present on Christmas Eve? Head to a movie on Christmas afternoon?
Check out these weird and wacky Christmas traditions from around the world from The Telegraph:
- Catalonians are fond of "caganers," which are little characters who depict
nativity scenes - except they are, uh, well, they're pooping.
- A Czech tradition involves women and shoes. A single woman will stand with
her back to the front door toss a shoe over her shoulder, if it lands pointing
toward the door, she'll get hitched that year.
- In Caracas, everyone heads to church on wheels. But these wheels are on their
feet in the form of roller skates.
- In Portugal, families practice consoda, which involves setting places at the
table for passed relatives.
- In Norway, people hide their brooms on Christmas Eve to make sure evil
spirits and witches can't get a hold of them.
Curious about more? Check out The Telegraph's slideshow for the full list.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.