WASHINGTON - Every episode of "Pawn Stars" shows somebody trying to sell or pawn something that's weird. Believe it or not, there's actually some money to be made from some common household items.
Rick Harrison, the co-owner of the shop featured in "Pawn Stars," offers up five items that have some hidden value, according to Financially Fit:
- Zippo lighters - Those refillable metal lighters often got ditched in the 1950s and 1960s. The ones with the highest value were made in 1932.
- Baseball cards - Think good condition and originals. Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth. You get the idea.
- Comic books - Condition, age and print number make the difference.
- Antique clocks - Working clocks by well-known clockmakers are the most valuable.
- Old jewelry - Grandma's old brooch might look ugly, but if it has gold in it, it's worth something.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)