WASHINGTON - With summer just around the corner, local farmers markets are getting ready to showcase seasonal produce like berries, asparagus, chard and tomatoes. It's a great time to try out new recipes or light up the grill for old favorites.
But with so many options, finding the closest farmers market can be daunting. Check out our list below:
- Dupont Circle, 20th St. NW between Massachusetts Ave. and Connecticut
Ave., in the adjacent parking of PNC Bank - Sundays 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April
- Foggy Bottom, 23rd and I St. NW Walkway - Wednesdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. April to
- H Street NE, H Street NE and 13th Street NE - Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon Apr. 20
to Nov. 17
- Penn Quarter, North end of 8th St. NW, between D and E Sts. NW - Thursdays 3
p.m. to 7 p.m. March to Dec. 20
- Near the White House, 810 Vermont Avenue NW between H and I streets NW - Thursdays 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. May 4 to October
- Silver Spring, Ellsworth Drive between Fenton Street and Georgia Avenue -
Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April to December
- Takoma Park, Carroll and Laurel avenues - Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. year-
- Anne Arundel, Riva Road and Harry S. Truman Parkway - Saturdays 7 a.m. to noon
April through December and Tuesdays 7 a.m. to noon June 5 to Oct. 30
- Bethesda, 7600 Arlington Rd. at Old Georgetown Road - Sundays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. year-round
- Chevy Chase Y.M.C.A, 9401 Old Georgetown Rd.- Tuesdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May
7 to Thanksgiving
- Calvert County, North Beach Farmers Market at Chesapeake Avenue and 5th Street - Fridays 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. May to October
- Crystal City, 251 S. 18th and Bell streets - Tuesdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
April 30 to Nov. 26
- Arlington, N. Courthouse Road and N. 14th Street in the Arlington County Courthouse parking lot - Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon April to December
- Westover, 644 N. McKinley Rd. at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and N. McKinley Road - Sundays 8 a.m. to noon May to November
- Ballston, 901 N. Taylor St. at Welburn Square - Thursdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. May 2 to Oct. 31
- Clarendon, Arlington Central Park, adjacent to Clarendon Metro - Wednesdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays April to December 18
- Columbia Pike, Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed Drive - Sundays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. year-round
- Old Town Alexandria, Market Square, 301 King St. - Saturdays 7 a.m. to noon. year-round
- Falls Church, city hall parking lot, 300 Park Ave. - Saturdays from 8 a.m. to
noon April to December
- Rosslyn, 1401 Wilson Blvd. - Thursdays 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 23 to October 31
- Del Ray, corner of East Oxford and Mount Vernon avenues - Saturdays 8 a.m. to
- Leesburg, Virginia Village Shopping Center on Catoctin Circle SE - Saturdays
a.m. to noon May through October
- Manassas, 9201 Center St. at the Loy Harris Pavilion in Old Town - Thursdays 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April to November
Stay tuned for more information on farmer's markets opening up in May and June, and please let us know if we missed any in your neighborhood.
Follow @WTOPLiving on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.