WASHINGTON - The Summer Olympics may be happening in London, but there are plenty of specials and viewing parties being held at establishments in and around D.C.
Here's a sampling:
- Now through August 12, Capitol Hill's Art and Soul is serving an "All-
American" cocktail made with Prichard's Lincoln County Lightning. Plus, the price
will drop from $13 to $6 for 15 minutes after each U.S. gold medal win.
- Capitol City Brewing
Company in Shirlington is offering Olympic-themed food and drink specials,
including an Olympic Rings Martini.
Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill is serving up Brit Burgers and Sticky Toffee
Shakes during the games.
- Watch some of the Olympic events free on theater-size screens at Hill Center
at the Old Naval
Hospital on Capitol Hill.
Bar in D.C. is showing the Olympics, and offering $4 Sam Adams seasonal
- The Quee
n Vic British Pub in D.C. has a special menu for the duration of the
games, and every time Great Britain wins a Gold medal, pints of Newcastle will be
$4 all day.
- Time Out Wings & Grill is offering a bunch of special eats for
$9.99 each during the Olympics. They include Pork Belly, Stuffed Zucchini, Ribs
and Salmon and Shrimp Roulade. You can also add a chef-selected craft beer for
just an extra $2 during closing ceremonies.
- Show up to support Team USA at the Sign of the
Whale in D.C. and get $5 Tito's
Vodka cocktails, as well as $5 Bud and Bud Lights during the games.
- Union Jack's in
Ballston, Bethesda and Columbia has "brilliant British themed
specials" on food and drink.
- Virtue Feed and Grain in Alexandria has $12 Olympic inspired specials Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. An extra $2 gets you a domestic canned beer.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Star-studded event raises millions for AIDS research. (Photos)
A fallen police officer's daughter gets a swarm of support. (Photos)
She can sing, but can she act? Jewel takes on a famous role.
The Galapagos Islands are now just a click away. (Photos)