Tim Bracken, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - The District Department of Transportation will shut down several streets in Adams Morgan Wednesday between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Crews are in the final stages of a paving project in the area, and traffic will be alternating using a single lane in the following intersections:
- Florida Avenue and U Street NW
- 18th Street between Florida Avenue and Belmont Road NW
- Adjacent portions of Vernon Street, California Street, Wyoming Avenue, Kalorama Road, and Belmont Road.
Also starting Wednesday, maintenance crews will be repairing and cleaning the tunnel on Beach Drive in Northwest near the National Zoo. If your regular daytime commute includes Beach Drive between Piney Branch Parkway and the Rock Creek Parkway, here's what you need to know:
- Wednesday, April 25 through Friday, April 27 - Beach Drive NW will be closed between Porter Street and the Rock Creek Parkway.
- Closures will be in place in both directions each day between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Southbound Beach drive traffic will be diverted to Porter Street.
- Northbound Rock Creek Parkway traffic will be diverted at to Cathedral Avenue.
- Message boards will be in place to reroute drivers.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)