WASHINGTON - Not all degrees are created equally, and data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics prove it.
So which ones are worth the investment?
- On average, a registered nurse with an associate degree in nursing can make almost $70,000 a year.
- A master's in business administration can put you in line to be a marketing manager, a career that averages a six-figure salary.
- Secondary education teaching jobs, which need bachelor's degrees and teaching certificates, are projected to grow 5.6 percent through 2020.
- Information technology jobs are set to grow 22 percent in the next eight years. With technology at the forefront of everyday life, an IT degree might put you on the path to success and an average salary of more than $80,000.
- Human resource manager jobs are projected to grow significantly in the next eight years. Armed with a degree in the field, HR managers average about $108,000 a year.
WTOP's Veronica Robinson contributed to this report. Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
What will you be doing when you're 81? Probably not this.
Ryan Gosling is breaking hearts at the Cannes Film Festival.