WASHINGTON - They don't call it the fountain of youth for nothing.
Eleven drinks -- ranging from soy milk to beet juice to alcohol -- can help delay aging of your body and mind, according to research compiled by the blog Eating Well.
Anti-aging drinks and what each does:
- Pink grapefruit juice helps promote smoother skin.
- Alcohol may ward off dementia.
- Cocoa leads to a healthy heart.
- Beet juice helps beat Alzheimer's disease.
- Green tea reduces inflammation.
- Soymilk helps firm skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Milk builds muscle mass.
- Carrot juice assists memory.
- Coffee prevents skin cancer.
- Water makes your breath smell better.
- Orange juice wards off eye problems.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.
Germany seizes the pet after the Biebs fails to get it from customs.
Acupuncture is weird enough on people - but on a turtle?
Cuomo to Kardashian: You might be breaking the law.
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)