Casey Manning, special to wtop.com
Looking for a way to spice up bland fish tacos? Try homemade pico de gallo for an extra flare.
Ingredients: 8 to 10 roma tomatoes 3 red onions 4 cloves of garlic 1 large bunch of cilantro juice of 2 limes 1 to 2 jalapeņo peppers (optional) Salt Servings: 8 portions Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1. Finely dice tomatoes and onions. Add to a large serving bowl.
2. Seed and dice jalapeņo peppers if desired, taking care to wash your hands thoroughly afterward and not touch your eyes or face, and add to mixture.
3. Add minced garlic cloves and roughly chopped cilantro, then gently toss with hands or two forks.
4. Slice limes in half and squeeze over the entire mixture. Add salt to taste, and toss again to combine.
5. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour to allow the flavors proper time to meld.
See the recipe featured in College & Cook.
Editor's Note: College & Cook Magazine is the first publication for all things food and college and works with students from more than 50 campuses nationwide. The student-run quarterly digital magazine was founded by George Washington University junior Audrey Scagnelli. Check it out at www.collegeandcook.com. Follow @collegeandcook on Twitter and Pinterest.
Follow @WTOPLiving on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
She beat out 51 other beauty queens for the title. (Photos)
In the spotlight, under pressure, oh how she botched her answer.
Just how do you move an electromagnet that weighs 15 tons?
Your favorite Nationals outfielder is stripping down.