WASHINGTON - Sinkhole repairs are expected to be completed Friday, with road closures on 14th and F streets NW to be lifted during the evening.
Both DC Water and Pepco have finished their utility repairs and crews with the District Department of Transportation will begin road repairs Thursday night.
While the road is being restored the following streets will be remain closed:
- Northbound 14th Street NW between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and G Street NW
- F Street NW between 13th and 15th Streets NW
Drivers headed north on 14th Street NW are advised to turn onto Constitution Avenue to avoid traffic backups approaching Pennsylvania Avenue.
- D.C. Water: 14th Street sinkhole likely manmade
- 14th Street sinkhole repairs further delayed
- D.C. to resurface street during sinkhole repairs
- Sinkhole closes major commuter route in D.C.
- Photo Gallery
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.