6 children, 2 adults taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Capitol Heights

Six children and two adults are in the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a Capitol Heights, Maryland, home.

The Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department received a call from a home in the 4900 block of Fable Street at 2:19 a.m.

When firefighters got on the scene, they found a generator running.

None of the injuries is considered life-threatening. Another adult was in the home but declined to go to the hospital.

In a second carbon monoxide event, an elderly Montgomery Countywoman was taken to the hospital in serious condition after 5 a.m.

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up