Michelle Basch, wtop.com
WASHINGTON – Looking for gift ideas? The 2012 WTOP Gift Guide has plenty of interesting things you can buy online in four different price categories.
$25 AND UNDER
- Storytime comes anytime with recordable storybooks.
- These tarot card trays are spooky-cool.
- Surprise someone who lives in a warmer climate by sending some “snow” through the mail.
- Who can resist a tin loaded with yummy shortbread and covered in adorable pooches?
- Pick a favorite photo and put it on a cosmetic bag for Mom or Grandma.
- Coffee addicts will appreciate a new cup that will let them know how many sips are left.
- This candle does more than burn. It’s also a chalkboard!
- Make someone smile with this book: “Unlikely Friendships: 47 Remarkable Stories from the Animal Kingdom.”
$50 AND UNDER
- Fulfill a snack lover’s dreams with a popcorn maker…
…and a retro popcorn bowl collection.
- Banners featuring Peter Max designs from this year’s National Cherry Blossom Festival have been recycled into pretty reusable bags.
- Send a sampler full of bacon with an accent. It’s from Nashville.
- These sparkl y Christmas ornaments look like hand-me-downs from Grandma and Grandpa.
- Irresistible iPhone cases customizable with your photos.
- These clever spice shakers will be the talk of every dinner party.
- Wine or whiskey lovers will delight in their own personalized decanter.
- This faux-fur infinity scarf is guaranteed to warm her up.
$100 AND UNDER
- Little monsters will truly look the part with this.
- This pretty sweater can be dressed up or down.
- Help a guy fill his “man cave” with this 10-in-1 table game.
- Frank Lloyd Wright was so ahead of his time. This jewelry is right on trend.
- Give a busy couple a getaway that’s not far away: A cruise aboard the Schooner Woodwind in Annapolis.
- Box up a warm hug in the form of this snuggly woman’s cardigan.
- These are definitely different: textural pillows that look like chunks of wood.
$200 AND UNDER
- This amazing kit will help you discover where your ancient ancestors came from.
- Sand from your favorite beach turned into jewelry.
- These sneakers will never go out of style. Never.
- A robe that will make Mom feel like a movie star.
- The computer keyboard of the future that isn’t a keyboard at all.
- The frames of these sunglasses are made from sustainable bamboo.
- For the pet who has everything but demands more.
- A glittery treat for a woman or girl.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)