Ben Raby, wtop.com, wtop.com
WASHINGTON – College Basketball returns to Federal News Radio this weekend as both American University and George Washington University open regular-season play. Also this weekend, the Wizards play back-to-back nights, while the Navy Midshipmen and Baltimore Ravens attempt to continue their winning ways.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 7:00 p.m. Wizards vs. Milwaukee (1500AM): The Wizards (0-3) return to Verizon Center on Friday to face the Milwaukee Bucks (2-1) for the first of three meetings this season. Washington is still seeking its first win of the season and will look to rebound from Wednesday’s 100-94 overtime loss in Boston. Pregame coverage with Dave Johnson and Glenn Consor begins at 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 8:00 p.m. American @ Minnesota (1050AM and online): American University Men’s Basketball returns to Federal News Radio for the 2012-13 campaign with a 10-game broadcast schedule. The AU Eagles (preseason No.3 in the Patriot League) begin the season Friday against the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the first- ever meeting between the schools. Dan Laing returns as the play-by-play voice of AU Basketball and will work alongside analyst Jeremy Huber.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 1:00 p.m. AU Jeff Jones Coaches Show (1500AM): American University Head Coach Jeff Jones returns to the airwaves for another broadcast of the Jeff Jones Coaches Show. Among Jones’ guests in this year’s first show is AU alum David Aldridge (NBA on TNT). As always, Jones is joined by AU Athletics Director Keith Gill and Eagles play-by-play voice Dan Laing.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 3:30 p.m. Navy @ Troy (1050AM): The Midshipmen (6-3) visit the Trojans (4-5) where they will aim for their first six-game winning streak since the start of the 1979 season. Navy clinched a berth in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 29 in San Francisco with a win last week against Florida Atlantic. Pregame coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. on WFED 1500AM, with the game airing on 1050AM.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 4:00 p.m. George Washington vs. Youngstown State (1500AM): The George Washington Colonials begin their 99th season of Men’s Basketball as they open play at Smith Center in Foggy Bottom. Byron Kerr returns as the Colonials’ play-by-play voice. Pregame coverage begins at 3:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 7:00 p.m. Wizards @ Pacers: The Wizards seek their first road win of the season as they meet the Pacers for their first of four meetings this season. The Pacers went into play Friday having lost two straight as they play minus all-star Danny Granger (knee), who is expected to miss the next three months. Pregame coverage begins with All-Access at 6:00 p.m. Guests include Wizards forward Martell Webster.
- Sunday, Nov. 11, 1:00 p.m. Ravens vs. Raiders (1500AM): The Ravens (6-2) look to remain undefeated at M&T Stadium as they face Carson Palmer and the Raiders (3-5). Pregame coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. with Gerry Sandusky, Qadry Ismail and Stan White.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)