WTOP – FREE LUNCH FRIDAY FOR FRIEND’S AND FAMILY SWEEPSTAKES
- WHEN TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Free Lunch Friday For Friends And Family Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 7, 2020 and ends on December 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into twenty-four (24) separate weekly entry periods, each ending at 11:59:59 PM ET each Wednesday throughout the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Weekly Entry Pool”).
- HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter, during any Weekly Entry Period, visit the www.wtop.com website, click on the “Contests” at the bottom of the home page or type “free lunch” into the search bar; click on the “Free Lunch Friday” icon and complete the entry form, which includes your name, your address, your phone number, your email address and number of family members you plan to attend. WTOP is not responsible for problems accessing the website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Limit: One entry per person/family during the entire Sweepstakes Period; any person/family submitting more than one entry may be disqualified.
- HOW TO PLAY/HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN: Enter as explained in Paragraph 2 above. From all eligible entries received in each Weekly Entry Period, three (3) Weekly Prize winners will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received in that Weekly Entry Period, to be conducted by Sponsor each Thursday immediately following that week’s Weekly Entry Period. All non-winning entries from any Weekly Entry Period will be rolled over for subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. Each Weekly Prize winner’s name may be announced on WTOP each Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Each Weekly Prize winner will also be notified by telephone and/or email. Limit: one (1) Weekly Prize winner per person/family during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Seventy-two (72) Weekly Prizes (3 per Weekly Entry Period) – Lunch for winner and their family at a Silver Diner of the winner’s choice for up to a $150 value. $25 maximum meal per person. Maximum of 6 people per winner’s family/friend group. Each family/friend member will be ordering their meal from the Silver Diner menu. Any charges beyond the $150 value will be the responsibility of the winner and his/her guests. The prize must be used within six (6) months of the day that the prize is won. Prize valid Monday through Saturday during lunch or dinner time only. The prize can be used for in-restaurant dining, carry-out or curbside pickup ONLY. The prize may be redeemed at any one of the following Silver Diner locations:
Clarendon Silver Diner, 3200 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia.
Tysons Corner Silver Diner, 8101 Fletcher Street, McLean, Virginia.
Merrifield Silver Diner, 8150 Porter Road, Falls Church, Virginia.
Springfield Silver Diner, 6592 Springfield Mall, Springfield, Virginia.
Reston Silver Diner, 11951 Killingsworth Avenue, Reston, Virginia.
Fair Oaks Silver Diner, 12251 Fair Lakes Parkway, Fairfax, Virginia.
Potomac Mills Silver Diner, 14375 Smoketown Road, Dale City, Virginia.
Innsbrook Silver Diner, 10890 West Broad Street, Glen Allen, Virginia.
Alexandria Silver Diner 4630 King Street, Unit A3, Alexandria, Virginia.
Rockville Silver Diner, 12276 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland.
Greenbelt Silver Diner, 6040 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt, Maryland.
Waldorf Silver Diner, 3081 Festival Way, Waldorf, Maryland.
BWI Airport Silver Diner, BWI Airport – Concourse B, Baltimore, Maryland.
Frederick Silver Diner, 5120 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, Maryland.
Columbia Silver Diner, 8250 Gateway Overlook Drive, Elkridge, Maryland.
Rio Silver Diner, 9811 Washington Blvd, Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Woodmore Town Centre Silver Diner, 9151 Ruby Lockhart Boulevard, Lanham, Maryland.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Winners have forty-eight (48) hours from the time they are contacted by station to accept or deny prize or prize may be forfeited. Each winner may be required to complete and sign a Prize Release and verify they are eligible to win prior to awarding of prize. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. This must be done within (10) days of being notified. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTOP (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Winner must contact Silver Diner representative to schedule lunch. Lunch date, time and location all dependent upon availability and up to the discretion of Silver Diner. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTOP.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years or and who are residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC and its radio station WTOP, (the “Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, Silver Dining (“Promotional Participant”) or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man- made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until June 15, 2020. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received no later than January 7. 2021, to: WTOP Free Lunch Friday For Friends & Family Sweepstakes Winners List, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Washington D.C, LLC and its Station WTOP, 5425 Wisconsin Ave, Fifth Floor, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.