WASHINGTON — Amid the shrines of democracy D.C. is a fabulous place to celebrate the Fourth of July. But for drivers, the country’s birthday bash on the National Mall can be traffic torture because of numerous road closings.
Roads that will be closed to vehicles on Monday starting at 6 a.m. include the following:
- Arlington Memorial Bridge from Memorial Circle on the Virginia side to Lincoln Memorial Circle in the District.
- Rock Creek Parkway from Virginia Avenue Northwest to the Lincoln Memorial.
- All traffic from the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge heading into D.C. will be directed from the bridge to the E Street Expressway.
- The ramp from the bridge to Constitution and Independence avenues will be closed.
- Constitution Avenue will be closed from 23rd Street Northwest to 14th Street Northwest.
- Independence Avenue SW will also be closed from 14th Street Southwest to 23rd Street Southwest.
The following is a complete list of road closings provided by the National Park Service. Note the apparent wording error citing the closing date of Saturday, July 4 instead of Monday, July 4.
Numerous cross streets between Constitution and Independence avenues will be closed from 4th Street Northwest to 23rd Street Northwest.
© 2016 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.