WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will lead their final National Christmas Tree Lighting beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Actress Eva Longoria will host the ceremony, which will feature Olympic gold-medal-winning swimmer Simone Manuel and performers Kelly Clarkson, Marc Anthony, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and James Taylor among others.
The annual event on the Ellipse triggers road closures in Downtown D.C., triggering major traffic jams.
- See the complete list of road closures.
- Find tips to avoid the terrible traffic.
- Read more about the performers in this year’s lineup.
- Read more about this year’s lighting here.
- See photos from this year’s lighting ceremony.
- Listen live to the ceremony.