WASHINGTON — Commuters should expect continued service disruptions Tuesday on MARC’s Brunswick line, due to the CSX freight train derailment in Northeast D.C. on Sunday.
Only three trains will operate on the Brunswick Line Tuesday morning:
- Train 892 (6:05 a.m. from Frederick)
- Train 878 (6:25 a.m. from Martinsburg)
- Train 880 (7:45 a.m. from Brunswick)
In the evening:
- Train 875 (departs Silver Spring at 4:39 p.m.)
- Train 893 (departs Silver Spring at 5:34 p.m.)
- Train 881 (departs Silver Spring 30 minutes late at 7:04 p.m. The train will end in Brunswick, where riders can take EPTA buses to Harper’s Ferry, Duffields, and Martinsburg)
All trains on the line will terminate at Silver Spring Tuesday, MARC officials said in an email.
The Camden and Penn lines are not directly affected, but one of Tuesday’s trains are canceled: Camden Line 844 (7:40am departure from Union Station). The next departure will be Train 846 at 8 a.m.
As of Sunday afternoon, trains are not running on the Brunswick Line between Union station and Silver Spring, Maryland.
The following alternatives were proposed for Tuesday commuters:
- The Washington Metro option will be open. Passengers can show their MARC tickets to the Metrorail station manager, who will permit entry through the gate next to the information kiosk. Metro parking charges are not included.
- MTA Commuter Bus is working to add additional buses to the 505 and 515 Commuter Bus lines. All MARC tickets will be honored on both routes. These buses operate from Hagerstown, Frederick, and Monocacy to the Shady Grove Metro station.
- Passengers boarding at Germantown and points east can use Ride-On bus service to connect to Washington Metro. Ride-On buses honor all MARC weekly and monthly passes.
Amtrak ran shuttle buses between D.C. and Pittsburgh on Sunday. Spokeswoman Vernae Graham told WTOP that Amtrak will again be busing passengers between D.C. and Pittsburgh in both directions on Tuesday. Train 29 will originate in Pittsburgh and Train 30 will end in Pittsburgh.
WTOP’s Tiffany Arnold contributed to this report.
© 2016 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.