JBG began work on redeveloping the park in early 2022, and signed on nine food operators for food kiosks lining Crystal Drive. Those chosen are a diverse and eclectic blend of cuisines from local, minority and women-owned businesses.
- Brij, a D.C. wine bar and cafe which uses some of its proceeds for causes for single mothers, the unhoused and the LGBTQ community
- Bubbie’s Plant Burger, from the operators of D.C.’s fast casual Asian restaurant Pow Pow
- Cracked Eggery, the egg-centric restaurant in Cleveland Park and Shaw
- DC Dosa, an Indian street food concept at Union Market
- Dolci Gelati, the D.C. gelato shop with several locations
- Falafel Inc., with a restaurant in Georgetown
- PhoWheels, which currently operates a Vietnamese food truck in D.C.
- Tiki Thai, a Reston restaurant with Thai and Polynesian food
- Queen Mother’s, with a fried chicken restaurant on Columbia Pike
The park also includes new water features, outdoor seating areas and a live performance stage.
In addition to the kiosks, a 1,400-square-foot full-service restaurant, called Water Bar, is also part of Water Park, with a raw-bar focused menu and an open air terrace. There is also a New York-style pizza restaurant called Crush Pizza.
Water Park will be open to the public daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Water Park is one of two restaurant-centric redevelopments JBG Smith has in the works. Work continues on what will be Dining in the Park, featuring a restaurant from Michelin-starred D.C. chef Enrique Limbardo, whose restaurants include Seven Reasons and Imperfecto.