Inc. Magazine’s annual Best Workplaces list received 2,500 applications from companies across the country and it selected 389 for this year’s list, which is based on employee surveys.
Twenty-five companies in the District, Maryland and Virginia are on this year’s list, ranging from fewer than 25 employees to more than 500.
Inc. says it surveyed a record 370,000 employees and found 73.5% said they were engaged by their work. Among those chosen for the list the typical engagement score was 90%.
The list also chose companies based on great benefits. Among those selected, all provide health insurance and 62% engage employees through offsite retreats.
Here are the regional companies on Inc’s Best Workplaces 2020 (and their industries):
- Arcadia (Energy)
- Cadre (Real Estate)
- Inoblox (Software)
- Avian (Construction) Lexington Park
- CK Commercial (Construction) Millersville
- Homesnap (Real Estate) Bethesda
- iHire (Software) Frederick
- Infoforce IT Solutions Group (IT Services) Ellicott City
- IntelliGenesis (Software) Columbia
- MindPros (IT Services) Baltimore
- Phoenix Operations Group (Engineering) Woodbine
- Rehab 2 Perform (Health) Germantown
- SC&H Group (Financial Services) Sparks
- Synergist Computing (Software) Annapolis Junction
- Cassaday & Company (Financial Services) McLean
- DH Technologies (IT Services) Leesburg
- Glassman Wealth Services (Financial Services) Vienna
- GuidePoint Security (IT Services) Herndon
- InfernoRed Technology (IT Services) Blacksburg
- Kingfisher Systems (IT Services) Falls Church
- KSA Integration (Business Products & Services) Arlington
- M2 Strategy (Business Products & Services) McLean
- RPI Group (IT Services) Fredericksburg
- The Motley Fool (Financial Services) Alexandria
- WillowTree (Software) Charlottesville
Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 issearchable by state, industry or company size.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story misspelled iHire’s name. The story has been updated to correct that mistake.