WASHINGTON — On Monday, we honor the nation’s working men and women. And Labor Day brings changes to the daily commute and the regular errands:
- Banks, government offices and courts are closed throughout the area.
- Post offices are closed and there’s no regular mail delivery.
- If you’re on the road Monday morning or evening, HOV restrictions are lifted in Virginia on Interstates 66, 95 and 395.
- Rush-hour restrictions are lifted in D.C. So are residential parking restrictions; you don’t need to feed the parking meters either.
- There is no MARC or VRE rail service Monday.
- Metrobus and Metrorail are on a Sunday schedule.
- Trash picks in most jurisdictions slip a day this week.
WTOP’s Dick Uliano contributed to this report. Follow @WTOP on Twitter and WTOP on Facebook.