2 ALERTS  

Three shocked, one electrocuted in home crawl space in Md.

UPDATE: A 40-year-old man has been pronounced dead after he was electrocuted at his home in Chevy Chase Saturday.

WASHINGTON –Three people are in the hospital tonight after being shocked at a Chevy Chase home.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Perringer says a man, a woman and a teenage boy were rescued from a crawl space under a home on Oxford Street.

The man was reportedly electrocuted. EMS gave him CPR and he was taken to the hospital in critical condition. The woman and the teen had apparently been shocked, and were rushed to a nearby burn center, according to a report on WUSA9 on Saturday.

It was not immediately clear why the three were in the home’s crawl space, but sources told WUSA9 there was recent flooding at the home. Neighbors responded when they heard cries of panic coming from the property.

“I heard screaming then I heard the wife screaming my husband is dead,” remembers neighbor, Diana Goldberg told reporters. “I heard shouting, I said, ‘what can I do should I call 911.'”

See more here:

Follow @WTOP on Twitter and on the WTOP Facebook page.


Advertiser Content