WASHINGTON — A man caught fire Tuesday morning near a liquor store in Northeast.
It happened around 10:20 a.m. in a parking lot off Benning Road.
Witnesses say at the time the man was trying to light a cigarette.
He had to be flown to the hospital.
The extent of his burns aren’t known, but authorities say he was conscious and breathing when the medical helicopter picked him up.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter and on WTOP Facebook page.
A look at the winter weather news in the D.C. area.
Browse through photos of the event and festivities in New York City.