The Associated Press
Attending a wedding can get to be expensive. Here are some tips to make it through wedding season without going broke :
1. Start saving early. If you’re close with a couple who gets engaged, begin putting cash away then.
2. Don’t forget to budget for the extra events, such as wedding showers and bachelor or bachelorette parties.
3. Look beyond the hotel that has been selected for guests. Other hotels may be cheaper. Shop around.
4. For out of town weddings, ask the engaged couple if they know anyone with a spare bedroom who would be willing to host you.
5. Ask other guests if they would be willing to buy a group gift.
6. If you plan to attend more than one wedding, try wearing the same outfit more than once.
7. If shopping on a bridal registry, search for the item on another site. It may be less expensive.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
For the hundreds of thousands of migrants on the move across Europe, the pace of a day is dictated by forces almost entirely beyond their control.