WASHINGTON — With spring right around the corner and St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaching, this weekend is filled with events for people of all ages. Check out some of our best bets below.
- Warner Theatre – “Rain” – A Tribute to the Beatles with various showtimes through Saturday.
- Dulles Expo Center – International Gem and Jewelry Show. Kids under 8 years old not admitted.
- Great Big Home Show in Waldorf, Md. – The Capital Clubhouse admission is free with special guests and a multitude of vendors and remodeling tips. Click here for more info.
- Frederick Home Show – Meet the experts, get fresh ideas, learn the newest products with over 160 vendors. Click for info.
- Harlem Globetrotters 2014 Fans Rule Tour – Verizon Center and the Patriot Center. Various weekend times.
- March Madness at the Show Palace Arena in Upper Marlboro, Md. with women’s 2014 CAA basketball championship games. Click here for times and ticket information.
- Rock and Roll Marathon and Festival at RFK Stadium includes bands and beer garden. Bands will also perform along the course. More information here.
- Shamrock Beer Bash – unlimited tastings of over 75 beers across from Nationals Park. It features D.C.’s favorite food trucks and entertainment. Online ticketing here.
- Family Day Hazy Center: Women in Aviation and Space – Presentations, hands-on activities, stories and simulator rides. Admission is free but parking is $15. Click here for info.
- Barns at Wolf Trap – Jersey’s own Southside Johnny and The Poor Fools. Ticket information here.
- Bethesda Jazz and Blues – Soul and blues with a sweet sense for brass by Darly Jr. Cline and Julia Nixon and the Recliners. Click here for online ticketing.
- Rock and Roll Hotel – Indie rockers The Deadmen. Ticket info here.
- Gypsy Sally’s – Innovative flat-picking guitar of The Larry Keel Experience. Click for info and ticketing.
- Jammin Java – Singer and songwriter Tietur with a full band and support from Grace and Tony. For info click here.
- 9:30 Club – Ramshackle rock of Philadelphia’s Dr. Dog. Ticket info here.
- The Hamilton Live – We are the 9 Songwriter Series showcases various artists performing live.
- Hill Country Barbecue – Presents the acoustic funk/rock/soul of Frank Viele. Event info here.
- George Mason Hylton Performing Arts Center in Prince William County – It’s the Celtic family band Leahy. Performances Saturday and Sunday. Click for show info and tickets.
- The Washington D.C 43rd annual St Patrick’s Day Parade down Constitution Avenue with many local area Irish pubs featuring music and traditional Irish dance. Full information here.
- Baltimore celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with a race and parade. Information here.
- Mini Maker Faire in Reston, Va. – From rockets and robots to repurposed trash, you won’t want to miss this science fair. There will be demonstrations and hands-on activities. Advanced tickets and show info click here and hurry it will sell out.
- Fillmore Silver Spring – Shamrock the Block with 40 Thieves and Scythian starts a 1 p.m. Buy tickets online.
- George Mason Center for the Arts – Celtic music pioneers and six-time Grammy winners The Chieftans perform a St. Patrick’s Day special. Click for showinfo and tickets.
- Kennedy Center Millennium Stage – Free concert features various artists gathering to celebrate the music of Pete Seeger. Buy ticketshere.
- Rams Head Annapolis – Former lead vocalist of soul legends Tower of Power Larry Braggs and the Side Guys. For regular ticketing or premium package that includes dinner, check here.
- Bethesda Blues and Jazz – The swing music of Blue Moon Big Band includes a dance floor. Buy tickets online here.
- Jammin Java – renowned singer/songwriter David Wilcox plays two shows. Click here for info.
- Gypsy Sally’s – Americana-roots music of Cornmeal. Online ticketing here.
- Blues Alley – 4 Generations of Miles – A unique tribute to Miles Davis from a quartet of his former players from various times. Two performances Sunday. Info here.
Follow @WTOP and WTOP Entertainment on Twitter and WTOP on Facebook.