The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. HEALTH CARE ENROLLMENT EXTENDED
The Obama administration is granting more time for people to apply if they started the process but were unable to complete it before the March 31 deadline.
2. TWO MORE BODIES RECOVERED FROM WASHINGTON MUDSLIDE
Rescuers slogging through muck and rain in a desperate search for survivors after a massive landslide recover two more bodies and believe they have located another eight.
3. WHAT OBAMA’S CONCEDING FOR THE FIRST TIME
He acknowledges that Russia is unlikely to surrender control of Crimea – while insisting that the international community will never recognize the takeover.
4. WHY FINDING MISSING MALAYSIA JET REMAINS DAUNTING
The search zone has been narrowed sharply – but it’s still bigger than Texas and Oklahoma combined.
5. NORTH KOREA TEST-FIRES WHAT APPEAR TO BE TWO MID-RANGE MISSILES
Such a launch would be a violation of U.N. resolutions and a big step up from a series of shorter-range rocket launches Pyongyang has staged in recent weeks.
6. CAPE COD IN CROSSHAIRS
As yet another winter storm chugs north, the cape and surrounding coastal region are bracing for 70 mph winds and up to 10 inches of snow.
7. PISTORIUS ‘LIKELY’ TO TAKE STAND AT MURDER TRIAL
Legal experts describe his testimony as critical to give the judge a chance to assess his credibility firsthand.
8. FACEBOOK’S LATEST BIG-MONEY BET
The social networking behemoth is paying $2 billion for Oculus, maker of a virtual reality headset.
9. WHO’S SPLITTING AFTER 11 YEARS OF MARRIAGE
Gwyneth Paltrow announces that she and Chris Martin are separating. The couple have two children.
10. NEW KING OF THE BASEBALL HILL
The Dodgers are ending the Yankees’ 15-year streak as MLB’s biggest spenders with a projected payroll this season of $235 million, an AP study shows.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.