The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHY OBAMA IS GRANTING ANOTHER DELAY IN HEALTH LAW
The administration’s move seems calibrated to lessen the political fallout for Democrats in the midterm elections.
2. PENTAGON PRESSED FOR INFORMATION ON MILITARY SEX CRIMES
A leading senator demands details on assault cases following an Associated Press investigation into the inconsistent handling of rapes on military bases.
3. WHAT YELLEN IS LIKELY TO TELL CONGRESS
During her first public comments since becoming Fed chair, she’ll almost certainly say little more about agency policy than that the Fed is keeping its options open.
4. FRENCH PRESIDENT ARRIVES IN US ON STATE VISIT
For Francois Hollande, the trip to Washington is a chance to get an ocean away from his romantic troubles.
5. IRAQI MILITANTS ACCIDENTALLY KILL 21 OF THEIR OWN
An al-Qaida instructor demonstrating how to make car bombs sets off the explosives by mistake.
6. AFTER RAID, AN ORDER TO PURGE BIN LADEN PHOTOS
An email shows that the U.S. special ops commander ordered all photos of the al-Qaida founder’s corpse destroyed or turned over to the CIA.
7. 30-YEAR SENTENCE FOR `FAST AND FURIOUS’ KILLER
Manuel Osorio-Arellanes was convicted in the shooting death of a federal Border Patrol agent in a firefight that revealed the government’s botched gun-smuggling investigation.
8. FDA LOOKS AT PAIN MEDS
Health officials are examining whether naproxen – the key ingredient in Aleve – carries less risk of heart attack and stroke than rival medications like ibuprofen, found in Advil.
9. AT WESTMINSTER, `SWAGGER’ LOOKING GOOD
The old English sheepdog that nearly won the grand prize last year is off to a fast start at this year’s show.
10. HOW DRONES ARE BEING USED AT THE SOCHI OLYMPICS
The unmanned aircraft, increasingly common at sports events, are flying above the competition, beaming live video to a screen near you.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Long-distance travel inspired this fashion show where an entire airport was recreated.