WASHINGTON – Black Friday will never be the same.
This year many stores are choosing to throw open their doors to shoppers on Thanksgiving Day, so WTOP has put together this list of which ones will be open and when:
- Wal-Mart plans to open at 6 p.m.
- Kmart will open at 6 a.m.
- Some Old Navy stores will open at 9 a.m.
- Most Toys R Us stores will open at 5 p.m.
- Most Best Buy locations will open at 6 p.m.
- The following retailers will open their doors at 8 p.m.: J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Office Depot, Sears, Staples and Target.
- The Tanger Factory Outlets National Harbor will open at 10 p.m. and will remain open through Black Friday.
- Also, many Simon Malls will open at 8 p.m.
Many shoppers are outraged about stores being open on the holiday and retailers are following suite. Several stores decided not to open their doors to customers until Friday morning — the day Black Friday traditionally kicks off.
According to CBS, the stores closed on Thanksgiving include:
- Home Depot
- Barnes & Noble
- Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack
- Burlington Coat Factory
- TJ Maxx
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Sam’s Club
WTOP’s Michelle Basch contributed to this report. Follow @mbaschwtop and @WTOP on Twitter.