November 14, 2014 10:24 pm
WASHINGTON — It’s been two years since two dogs were possibly poisoned in Leesburg and animal service officers are still hoping to solve the cold case.
In late November 2011, a 7-year-old miniature Poodle and a 6-year-old Cairn Terrier ate food or treats that were laced with antifreeze, according to a news release from Loudoun County Animal Services.
The poisoned food was found the dogs owner’s backyard on the 300 block of Whipp Drive. Authorities have still not determined who put the poisoned items there.
Both dogs died after ingesting the toxin.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Loudoun County Animal Services at 703-777-0406.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
A look at winter weather news from around the D.C. area.
As his new album "T.L.O.P." drops on Thursday, what are Kanye West's best songs?