WASHINGTON – The 2013 General Election took place Nov. 5, so see how things shook out. The results have been calculated with a majority or all of the precincts reporting.
- Governor: Terry McAuliffe (D)
- Lieutenant governor: Ralph Northam (D)
- Attorney general: Too close to call in race against Republican Mark Obenshain and Democrat Mark Herring
- For all House of Delegates results, visit the Virginia elections website.
- Alexandria commonwealth’s attorney: Bryan Porter (D)
- Alexandria sheriff: Dana Lawhorne (D)
- Arlington County board member: G.N. “Jay” Fisette Jr. (D)
- Arlington County school board member: James Lander (Independent)
- Fairfax City commissioner of revenue: William Page Johnson II (Independent)
- Fairfax City treasurer: W. Thomas Scibilia (Independent)
- Fairfax County sheriff: Stacey Kincaid (D)
- Falls Church City sheriff: S. Stephen Bittle (D)
- Falls Church City commissioner of revenue: Thomas Clinton (D)
- Falls Church City treasurer: Catherine Kaye (D)
- Falls Church City council member: Marybeth Connelly (Independent)
- Falls Church City school board member: Margaret Ward and Susan Kearney (Independent)
- Fauquier County treasurer: Tanya Remson Wilcox (R)
- Manassas City commissioner of revenue: Douglas Waldron (R)
- Manassas City treasurer: Robin Perkins (R)
- Manassas Park City commissioner of revenue: Debra D. Wood (R)
- Manassas Park City treasurer: Winifred O’Neal (Independent)
- Prince William County school board member: Loree Williams (Independent)
- Prince William County town council member: Joseph McGuire, Jr. (Independent)
For more information about the Virginia election results, go to Virginia’s general election page. Read more about local results on the elections page.
Other notable national results
- New Jersey governor: Chris Christie (R)
- New York mayor: Bill de Blasio cruised to victory over Republican Joe Lhota after Michael Bloomberg’s 12-year tenure.
- Colorado marijuana: Voters approved a 25-percent tax on newly legal recreational marijuana to fund school construction.
- Maine marijuana: Voters in Portland approved a measure to legalize possession of recreational amounts of marijuana.
- Michigan marijuana: Voters in Ferndale, Jackson and Lansing approved proposals offering some legal protection to users of small amounts of marijuana.
- Michigan gay rights: Residents of the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak approved an ordinance making it illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation and a number of other factors.
Read more about decisions around the country here.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
The Associated Press contributed to this report