WASHINGTON – They don’t call it the fountain of youth for nothing.
Eleven drinks — ranging from soy milk to beet juice to alcohol — can help delay aging of your body and mind, according to research compiled by the blog Eating Well.
Anti-aging drinks and what each does:
- Pink grapefruit juice helps promote smoother skin.
- Alcohol may ward off dementia.
- Cocoa leads to a healthy heart.
- Beet juice helps beat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Green tea reduces inflammation.
- Soymilk helps firm skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Milk builds muscle mass.
- Carrot juice assists memory.
- Coffee prevents skin cancer.
- Water makes your breath smell better.
- Orange juice wards off eye problems.
WTOP’s Neal Augenstein contributed to this report. Follow @AugensteinWTOP and @WTOP on Twitter.