Fairfax fire lands homeowner, firefighter in hospital

WASHINGTON – A fire in a Fairfax home on Saturday night left one homeowner and a local firefighter in the hospital with injuries.

A Fairfax City fire spokesman says the fire started in a second floor bedroom at 3528 Krasnow Lane. The homeowner, who suffers from minor smoke inhalation burns, initially tried to fight the blaze with buckets of water.

Fire Chief Dave Rohr says one firefighter also suffers with a minor burn to his hand.

There is no known cause of the fire, but a working smoke alarm helped to save the resident and his wife.

Follow @WTOP on Twitter.

(Copyright 2013 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Advertiser Content