Minor Gas Explosion at Whitlow’s

A small gas explosion injured a repair person at Whitlow’s (2854 Wilson Blvd) in Clarendon last night.

The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. A repair person was working on a stove at the restaurant when some gas that had built up in the stove ignited, according to Arlington County Fire Department spokesman Capt. Gregg Karl.

The repair person was injured by broken glass, Karl said. The injuries were non-life-threatening.

On Twitter, the restaurant said it “had to close for 20 minutes” after a “small incident with our oven.” No additional information about the incident or the victim is available at this time.

Photo courtesy Mark Alves. Hat tip to David Johnson.



Advertiser Content