WASHINGTON – Some salads on restaurant menus today have more calories than a Whopper.
The editors of “EAT This, Not That!” created a list of the top 20 salads that are bursting with fat and calories:
20. Romano’s Macaroni Grill parmesan-crusted chicken salad
19. Cosi cobb salad
18. Chipotle Mexican Grill chicken salad with black beans, red salsa, cheese and chipotle honey vinaigrette
17. P.F. Chang chicken chopped salad with ginger dressing
16. Taco Bell fiesta taco salad
15. Panera full steak and blue cheese chopped salad
14. Jack in the Box crispy chicken club salad with croutons and ranch dressing
13. El Pollo Loco chicken tostada salad with light creamy cilantro dressing
12. Applebee’s grilled shrimp and spinach salad
11. California Pizza Kitchen BBQ chicken chopped salad
10. Applebee’s oriental chicken salad
9. Einstein Bros. bros bistro salad with chicken
8. T.G.I Friday’s pecan- crusted chicken salad
7. Chili’s quesadilla explosion salad
6. California’s Pizza Kitchen thai crunch salad with fresh avocado and additional thai peanut dressing
5. Chevy’s Fresh Mex tostada salad with chicken
4. California Pizza Kitchen waldorf chicken salad with blue cheese dressing
3. On the Border grande taco salad with taco beef and chipotle honey mustard
2. Cheesecake Factory santa fe salad
1. T.G.I Friday’s santa fe chopped salad
WTOP’s Megan Gygax and David Burd contributed to this report. Follow David and WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
A look at winter weather news from around the D.C. area.
Before you open a store-bought jar of queso or whip up the same old bean dip, take a look at these dip recipes.