What favorite “momilies” – words of wisdom – did your mother pass along? Post a comment in this story, comment on WTOP’s Facebook Page or use #WTOPTalkback or #WTOP on Twitter.
WASHINGTON – This Sunday is Mother’s Day and in honor of moms everywhere, WTOP is remembering those “momilies” that are coming back to haunt you.
And though her pearls of wisdom may have once caused you to roll your eyes, they now make you smile.
- “Use the bathroom whether you need to or not!”
- “This is going to hurt me a lot more than it’s going to hurt you!”
- “Close the door, we’re not trying to air condition the neighborhood.”
- “I hope you grow up and have a kid that does to you what you did to me.”
- “So if your best friend said ‘I’m going to drive off a cliff,’ you’re going to drive off a cliff?”
- “You keep living because you’re going to get there one day.”
- “You’re cruisin’ for a bruisin’!”
- “Be sure to have clean underwear on because you never know when you’re going to be in an accident.”
WTOP’s Randi Martin contributed to this report. Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)