WASHINGTON – The Wilson Bridge Project will continue to cause midday headaches this week in Alexandria. Through Thursday, the ramp from the Inner Loop to southbound Telegraph Road will be closed between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Donegal Lane closing, new overpass opening
In other Fairfax County news, the intersection of Donegal lane and the Fairfax County Parkway will be permanently closed, while a new overpass carrying Rolling Road over the Parkway will open.
- To implement that new configuration, there will be several lane closures on the Fairfax County Parkway near Rolling Road and Donegal Lane, starting at 9 a.m. April 10.
- While the work is ongoing, the Virginia Department of Transportation is warning of temporary total closures of the Fairfax County Parkway in both directions between 10 a.m. and noon.
- Stoppages will last between 5 and 15 minutes.
- After the new road configuration is in place, Donegal Lane will no longer have access to the Fairfax County Parkway.
- The Fairfax County Parkway will no longer have access to Donegal Lane as well.
- Temporary message boards will be in place for access to and from Donegal Lane.
Follow WTOPtraffic on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)