WASHINGTON - On Monday, many agencies around the D.C. area are closed to observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Martin Luther King, Jr. closings
- All federal and local government offices are closed.
- No mail delivery (except for Express Mail.) Post offices closed.
- Most banks closed.
- Courts (except for adult arraignments and new juvenile referrals in D.C.)
- City offices, schools, libraries closed.
- Trash and recycling pushed back one day.
- No parking meter fees.
- State and local government offices closed.
- Courts, schools and libraries closed.
- HOV restrictions lifted on I-66 and I-395.
- No parking meter fees in Arlington County.
- Regular trash pickup in Fairfax and Arlington counties. In Fairfax City and Alexandria, no collection.
- State and local government offices, courts and libraries closed.
- Parking meters free in Montgomery and Prince George's counties, except the New Carrollton garage, National Harbor and the Department of Corrections. Parking fees in effect in Anne Arundel and Howard counties.
- Trash collection pushed back a day in Montgomery County.
Sprawl and Crawl
- No HOV restrictions on I-66 and I-395. There are HOV restrictions on Route 50 in Maryland.
- MARC trains: operating on a Sunday schedule on the Penn Line only. The Camden and Brunswick lines will both be out of service.
- VRE trains: operating on its S schedule.
- Metrorail: modified Saturday schedule. Off-peak fares are in effect, and parking at all Metro facilities will be free.
- Metrobus: Buses will run on their Saturday supplemental schedule. Metro says some post- midnight trips will be canceled on certain routes.
- Ride-On Bus: modified holiday schedules.
- Prince George's County the Bus: weekday schedule.
- Alexandria DASH: Saturday schedule.
- Fairfax City CUE: modified weekday schedule.
- Fairfax Connector: holiday weekday schedule.
Click here for more information about transportation on Martin Luther King Day.
h/t: Washington Post
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.