WASHINGTON - It can get pretty boring pounding that treadmill, or logging miles through your neighborhood.
Sometimes the inspiration comes in the form of music.
Lots of us have our own playlists of workout songs -- music that for some reason lets you keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Earlier this year Men's Health compiled "The 20 Best Runing Songs of All-Time."
There's no methodology to the list. Some songs include the word "run" in the title, others describe the feeling you get working out.
From the bottom up, here's the Men's Health list.
20. "Can't Stop," Red Hot Chili Peppers
19. "Dog Days Are Over," Florence and the Machine
18. "Take Me Out," Franz Ferdinand
17. "I Ran (So Far Away)," Flock of Seagulls
16. "Sabotage," Beastie Boys
15. "Here It Goes Again," OK Go
14. "Sleep Now in the Fire," Rage Against the Machine
13. "House of Jealous Lovers," The Rapture
12. "Start Me Up," Rolling Stones
11. "I'm Shipping Up to Boston," Dropkick Murphys
10. "I Believe in a Thing Called Love," The Darkness
9. "Pump It Up," Elvis Costello
8. "Beautiful Day," U2
7. "B.O.B.", Outkast
6. "The Distance," Cake
5. "Stronger," Kanye West
4. "Runnin' Down a Dream," Tom Petty
3. "Gonna Fly Now (Rocky's Theme)," Bill Conti
2. "Lose Yourself," Eminem
1. "Born To Run," Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.
A 19-year-old decides to catch a ride on a whale shark. (Video)
James Franco wants fans to spot him half a million for a film trilogy.
Miss Utah's 2nd chance at the pageant answer that went viral. (Video)