Lacey Mason, wtop.com
BETHESDA, Md. - Golfers tee off at the AT&T National Golf Tournament Thursday morning in Bethesda, and there are a few things spectators should know before heading to Congressional Country Club.
First, those wanting to attend will need tickets. They can be purchased online from the AT&T National Ticket & Parking page or by calling 800-594-TIXX (8499).
Tickets start at $30 for a one-day, one-person pass and range to $425 for National Club members who want to exclusive access and perks. Multi-day passes also are available.
Will-call tickets can be purchased at the main spectator entrance at the Congressional Country Club at these times:
- Thursday, June 28: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 29: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, June 30: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, July 1: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Public parking with shuttle service is available at two locations:
- Rock Spring Lot, 6720 Rockledge Drive in Bethesda. One day pass costs $20.
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut St. in Gaithersburg. Thursday and Friday only. One day pass costs $10.
Parking passes can also be purchased online, but many passes are already sold out.
The following bus routes will take spectators to the event:
- T2 from Friendship Heights or Rockville
- 36 from Bethesda (does not run on Friday or the weekend)
Taxi drop-off and pickup isn't allowed near the main entrance of Congressional County Club. There will be designated areas within close proximity, with no parking or standing allowed. According to AT&T National, area cab companies have been notified of the designated areas.
AT&T National has a strict mobile device policy. The guidelines are as follows:
- Mobile devices must be on silent.
- No video recording or photographs at any time. Any device with a lens is considered a camera.
- Violations may result in the device being taken away, photos being deleted and/or removal from tournament.
- Calls must be taken to designated cell phone areas.
Designated phone areas:
- Main entrance
- Congressional Clubhouse
- Driving range concession stand
- 5 Green concession stand
- 3 Green concession stand
- 7 Tee Michelob Ultra Grove
- 9 Tee concession stand
- 11 Green concession stand
- 13 Green concession stand
- The Hill at 18 Tee
- 18 Green concession stand
- 18 Green Grey Goose Lounge
The tournament has strict policies regarding what is permitted on the golf course. The following items are prohibited:
- Beverage containers
- Carried items larger than a small purse
- Folding stools (though folding stools without arms or bags are allowed)
- Large camera bags
- Picnic baskets
- Video cameras
Strollers are allowed. All items are subject to search.
Hands in the air means a golfer needs quiet, and spectators are expected to be silent and not move while a player is about to hit the ball. Additionally, attendees should sit or kneel whenever possible so other fans can view the tournament.
Fans should not cross fairways except for designated spots and marshals will be available to direct those in attendance. Anyone who refuses to obey these rules will be removed.
For more information visit the AT&T National website.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)