WASHINGTON -- The host of that weekend barbecue should stop before dumping out all those leftover half-empty beer bottles from the party. There is a way to make use of the wasted brew.
Mashable lists 10 unusual ways to use flat, room temperature beer including:
- Liven up your locks with massaging the ale into hair after shampooing. The B
vitamins in beer are said to help build a thicker, shinier mane.
- Make a homemade face mask as the hops helps with clearer skin. SheKnows has the perfect beer face mask recipe.
- Use it in a foot bath for the next pedicure as the yeast in beer helps soften
tough skin on the bottoms of feet. Health.com
details how to do a great beer foot pedicure.
- Marinate meat in beer for a healthier meal. The Journal of Agricultural and
Food Chemistry did a study showing that using
beer in marinade reduces carcinogens in the meat.
- Mix flat brew into a tangy barbecue sauce.
- Make crispy flat bread. Kitchme has a recipe.
- Grill a moist and flavorful chicken.
- Use it as a polish on wood furniture. LifeHacker tells you how.
- Polish tarnished pots.
- Draw insects away from guests at outdoor parties.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.