NEW YORK (AP) - One of the five people slashed by a homeless man on a New York City park bike path says the attacker never said a word.
James Fayette, whose 1-year-old son also was slashed, told The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/1byOD7h ) from his hospital bed Wednesday that it could have been much worse: His son could have been killed.
Fayette had been pushing his son in a stroller when the attacker went on a rampage with scissors Tuesday morning.
Fayette says he put himself between his son and the attacker. Also injured were two joggers and a man walking his dog.
Julius Graham was charged with five counts of assault, criminal possession of a weapon and resisting arrest. The 43-year-old Texas native had been living in a Bronx shelter. He was taken to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. --- Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.