WASHINGTON - Fashion is definitely in the fall air. Designer masterpieces have graced the runways of New York and London this past month, and fall styles are making their way to the racks at retailers. So what are the top trends you can expect to see this season?
- Leather: Leather -- both real and faux -- has worked its way into just
about every type of garment you can think of this season. Pants, tops, dresses and
skirts can all be found with a lot, or a little peek, of leather.
"It adds just a touch of edginess to your outfit," Tumbarello says.
- Booties: Booties are great for the transition into cooler weather. You
wear them earlier in the season while you're waiting for knee-high boot season to
get here. Step outside the (shoe) box with unexpected colors, such as olive and
- A statement necklace: If you're looking to add some "wow" factor to
wardrobe this season, look no further than the statement necklace. It's a simple
add-on that will instantly elevate your look to something fabulous. This trend
will take your basics to a whole new level.
- Plaid: There's just something so cozy about plaid -- it really screams
"autumn." This season you'll find the pattern in classic and timeless prints and
in bold and modern interpretations. It's popping up everywhere, from blazers and
coats, to pants and skirts.
- Fancy pants: These pants are not for the faint of heart. Printed pants can be bold and a bit scary, but add a pair to your work-attire rotation and you'll soon be the envy of the office. When "going bold," keep your top, accessories and shoes simple and let your pants be the "standout" piece.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.